Volunteers are valued members of our team! Each day, volunteers give their time to make a difference in the lives of children, youth, and their families.
Volunteers have an important role in the services The Children’s Aid Society of Oxford County provide. Volunteer contributions provide an important link between the agency and the community that we serve and promote inclusivity and community belonging.
Why Volunteer with Children’s Aid Society of Oxford County?
Volunteers with us make a difference in the lives of children and youth by:
- Helping them to stay connected with their families and other important supports.
- Supporting learning and the development of academic and life skills.
- Providing safety and security when in our care.
- Building positive experiences and demonstrating the act of caring.
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer with Children’s Aid Society of Oxford County
After speaking with our Volunteer Liaison, we will ask you to complete the following:
- Volunteer Application Package,
- Children Protection Information Network Record Check,
- Criminal & Vulnerable Sector’s Police Check,
- 3 non-familial Reference checks (at least 2 professional),
- Signed agreements of understanding pertaining to the volunteer role;
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act – online training.
Volunteer Drivers drive children and youth to and from school, appointments, or visits with their family. Volunteer drivers are reimbursed for kilometers driven.
Special friends are matched with a child or youth to provide encouragement, support, friendship, and guidance.
Tutors are matched with a child or youth to support their academic abilities and assist in areas where help is needed in either group or one to one support.
After school program volunteers work together with children and youth to provide additional support with homework and social skills.
Childminding volunteers help ensure that caregivers are able to attend to programs offered by the Children’s Aid Society of Oxford County.
Group program support volunteers assist with preparation and facilitation of groups offered within the community.
Special Events volunteers assist with planning and running special events and projects.
For more information regarding the Board of Directors please email firstname.lastname@example.org